Monday, January 8, 2018

Top 10 dogs I would like to own. 10 dog breeds I'd never own.

I'd seen a blog someone had done about their top 10 dogs they'd never own.
I'm going to do that also, but first I want to do the top 10 dogs I DO want to own and why.
Updating in June 30, 2023

1 Toy/mini Aussie

2. English Springer Spaniel

3 Beagle/Lab mix

4 Lab 

5Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

6 Chihuahua

7 Pom

8

Updating Feb. 2020

My list changed again.

1. Labradoodle/Goldendoodle
2. Vizsla
3. Toy Aussie/small mini
4. Boston Terrier
5. German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix
6. Labrador- fox red,
7. Golden Retriever
8. 

1.) Tamaskan Dog- 
       I first found out about this breed about a year and a half ago. There were only 1 or 2 breeders in the U.S. the others were in other countries. I loved their look, but they are expensive and rare.
Recently, I wanted to look them up again. I found a lot more breeders in the U.S and more in other countries.
I like the attention a beautiful dog draws to me. (like Zoe!)
Cons in having one of these dogs would be cost. You can expect to pay upwards of $1,000 (usually more) And most likely shipping costs too.

This dog is from a breeder in the US (Hawthorn Tamaskans)
New #1 breed would be a Fox red lab.

2.) Nehi Saint Bernard
A Nehi saint bernard is pretty much a mix breed. There is only one breeder of these dogs.
They are half saint bernard and half cocker spaniel.
They get up to 60 pounds, rather then the 150+ pounds.
I can't remember how I found them, but I'd like to own one. Unless this breeder plans on breeding for a long time, then this might be a breed I won't be able to own.
This is one of the better looking Mini Saint Bernards from Dakota Wind's Nehi Saint bernards
Updated #2 dog would be another toy Aussie

3.)Saint Bernard
I've wanted a saint Bernard since 2006ish. The first saint Bernard I ever met, named Sebastian. I remember the day I met him. First he was in the backyard, then somebody let him in. He was about 3 feet tall, and came rushing into the house right toward me, Ari and Darcie (We were at her uncle's house) He was HUGE. From that day, I was amazed by them.
I hadn't seen one for  years, and was looking to get a second dog (before Jack) and went to a breeder's house in Estacada, Oregon. She didn't have any puppies yet, but she had a three year old female named Felicity that she offered me. She had 3 dogs (of a few) inside the house. They were enormous!
Their feet were bigger then my hand. I decided at that point, with the smell of her dogs, and the size of them, I would wait until I had a bigger house. I'll definitely have a short haired saint Bernard.
The cons of owning this dog, could be the smell, drool and the hair.
#3 would be a viszla


4.) Labrador Retriever
As a kid, I wanted a chocolate lab.
But now I'd like a fox red lab. Or yellow. Or chocolate. I like all of the colors. I like the purebred labs, with the blocky look. Thinner faced labs are sweet, but again, the beauty and look of the dog matters to me! I also prefer a yellow lab with a liver colored nose over black (just like the dog Yellow, from the movie Far From Home (pictured below)
 I'm like a guy at a car show, but with dogs.
They are great family dogs. Protective, love to play and usually love more people.
Yellow from Far From Home: Adventures of Yellow Dog (he also played Boomer in Independence Day!) 

Fox red lab

Chocolate lab


#4 would be a pug

5.) Golden Retriever
Ever since we found a Golden Retriever that was wondering (in Mt. Angel) I've wanted a golden retriever. We called this one Max. I never did find out what his real name was.
We had him for several days, until our land lords came home and ordered me to get rid of it. I had to take him to the police station. He was awesome.
They are the perfect All American dog (to me lol) "Perfect" families own them. They fetch, they love most anyone. I haven't really done much research on the breed, so I don't know of any faults (other then possible health problems)
I guess one con (for me) would be that they are a "plain" dog. A lot of people see them, they aren't "Show stoppers" if you wanna say that. (Same with Labs)


6.) Shiba Inu
Similar to an Akita (which I also find very pretty, but a difficult, aloof dog)
They are smaller then the Akita. From what I've read/heard, they are stand offish of strangers.
But they are a beautiful dog, and I wouldn't mind owning one.
I really prefer this color, which is considered Sesame Red. (The black ticking is what I like)
#7 would be a French bulldog

7.) Kai Ken Dog
Another rare breed. Probably expensive. But somewhat like the Shiba Inu, I love the prick ears and curled tail. I love the mostly black look.
I found this breed when I was on Pintrest.
I don't know too much about this type of dog.
#7 would be a shiba inu

8.) Rottweiler
Another large breed. I just find them to be a beautiful dog. I've wanted one since i was about 13ish. I won't say for sure that i will have one because they are so big. 



9.) French Bulldog
I've wanted a French bulldog since highschool. I remember sitting the library at school, looking up pictures and info on the breed, and even printing out the gray-scale photos.
(same time I wanted a pug too)
They are short, small, stocky and just plain cute. Definite attention grabber dogs.
Con would be the price and them being unhealthy. And they fart. lol



10.) Viszla





10 Dog Breeds that I will never own-

1. ANCD/ wolf-dogs-
For about 4 years I wanted an Alaskan Noble Companion Dog. The breeder (the one and only breeder) talks these dogs up like they are the most perfect dog. And she had me (along with A LOT of other people, or all the other people that want, wanted, or own one) fooled. I was discovered that the dogs are not just dogs that look like wolves, they are mid content wolfdogs! Even though the breeder says, no absolutely no wolf is in these dogs. So, after joining a facebook page for current owners, prospective owners and such, and reading stories from people who already have this dog, I decided, sadly I will never ever own one. I was so disappointed, because I had been looking forward to owning one for so long. I was even planning on sending a deposit in March 2017, until I found out I was pregnant haha

2. Dachshund
These dogs are really cute, especially as puppies, but they bark so much and so loudly. And almost every single one that I've met is snappy.

3. Chihuahua (or any chi mix)
Same as above. Except they shake, they seem too fragile, and nippy.

4. Shih Zhu
These dogs are really cute, but they require too much grooming.

5. Pomeranian
These dogs are adorable. My upstairs neighbor's dad is living with her and he has one, a black and white one named Jackson, but it barks at everything. I can't open my front or back door with out setting it off. My grandparent's had one and he was a nippy little thing.

6. Chow Chow
These dogs are really cute too, and I love that panda look that some people give them, but a lot of groomers won't even see them because they are too aggressive. I don't want a dog that is too iffy about being around strangers. I want a dog that I can trust around other people and dogs and other living creatures.

7. Akita
Gorgeous dogs! But another dog you have to be aware of around strangers. I don't want to go jail for having my dog attack someone. Yes I know you had to socialize any dog that you get but an Akita owner once told me they are like a loaded gun, its a matter of time... I don't need that kind of stress in my life haha

8. Poodle (any size)
I do like the standard size poodles, but the grooming would be too much for me. I do like the idea of having a dog that doesn't shed.
The little ones bark too much. And the grooming thing.

9. pitbull
Beautiful dogs. But, I don't like the stigma around them, and how certain people look at pit owners for having them. Its just too much.

10. African boer boel (can't remember how to spell that!)
Another pretty dog, but much too powerful for me.









  













No comments:

Post a Comment