Sunday, May 20, 2012

Elsie Mae!





I am finally an aunt!
My sister had her first baby on the 18th this month.

She called me at 3:15am and said that her water had popped. I talked to her for 2 minutes. I started at my alarm clock in the dark while talking to her, then stared at it for another couple minutes after we hung up.
I tried to call mom a number of times. Being in Scotts Mills makes it hard for them to get a signal all the time, so I kept trying with no luck.
I thought, maybe I should go back to sleep.
What the heck are you thinking? I asked myself. I got up and wandered, still trying to call my mom. They never answered, so I finally dialed my brother. Kimber answered, and I sent Tyler over to wake up mom.

She got to my house around 5:15ish and we headed to the hospital. I forgot my camera and realized it when we pulled into the parking lot of the hospital, so we went back for it.
I called work at about 7ish and said I wouldn't be there.
At five minutes to 8 me and Ari went outside to wait for Becky (her best friends mom) to pick her up. They had a feild trip to the Gilbert House that day, which worked out just perfect.

We waited in the waiting room for a little bit until Keith came back out and told us how it was going to go. We were going to sit on the bench, which was perfectly fine with me! I was so anxious and my adrenaline was going so much, my hands were shaking and I felt dizzy. I kept telling myself, You'd better not pass out!! lol


After laboring all day, finally at 3:25 Elsie was born!! It was amazing.
They weighed her about 2 hours after birth. She was 7 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches long.
She had really light hair, but it seemed a little darker after a while, but still really light.

Dad and Tyler picked up Ari, since Elsie still wasn't born yet, and Lindsey was still pushing


walking around to get things started

working quickly to get the blanket done before Elsie comes

trying the jacuzzi


When can I get the epidural?  How long until I can get the epidural? 
Questions asked about 3 times in 5 minutes! lol

the doctor finally came in

and there she is!

OHHHHH!! So you'reeeee my aunt??? Sweet!!

She's finally here Ari!~

she's getting weighed and measured

Day #1

Sweetness

Ari loves her new cousin

Ty-Ty Loves her

Kimber also thinks shes super cute!


Grandma's turn to hold the new baby!

Awww uncle Shaney

Darcie-Lou and baby

And Ari took her again! :)
.I decided to add this picture of Lindsey, and one that I think looks simular lol... I thought at first that Elsie looked like Keith, and since she's so new, she will change a lot but on day 2 after she was born, she reminded me of this picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment