Monday, July 20, 2020

My Friend, The Cat Lady

My lovely neighbor Juanita loves cats.
She's a good friend. We borrow things from each other like neighbors do. She lent me money to get a car battery when I needed to move my rig and the battery was dead.She cat sits for me whenever I need her to.
I've been in her house twice. Once to help her get a huge shelf out of her house that she was giving me.
And once when she got a new fridge and she was so excited she wanted to show me.  (Her old fridge was there when she moved in like 16 years ago)

I've always been curious as to how many cats she has.
Our old manager, Cindy's son, made a comment (when I first moved back to the apartments) about the tenant with 50 cats. I've always known she loved cats. Since I've known her she's always had at least one cat. Little did I know she had a lot more than one cat. The one cat was usually outside. When I first moved back into our apartment complex, there were at least 10 cats that hung out outside our area around Juanita's place. A few times random cats would escape or be in the window and she'd claim to be cat sitting for someone. I never saw anyone come or go with their cats though.

As of 7-19-2020 I was asked to come and help her with taking out the garbage and cleaning litter boxes. She said she trusted me to not run my mouth. I was glad to help her for free, but she wouldn't let me refuse the payment.
She was diagnosed with cancer back in Jan or Feb of this year (2020). It was lung cancer, but in her rectum. She has a colostomy bag now. When I went to her home to help her out there were two black cats (lady ebony who is apparently a bombay and juda, both females) a lynx point siamese named Chairman Mau also a female, Annie, the white cat with tabby that escaped several months ago. I forget what she said her actual name was but she said her nick name is Bitchlet. And Hurricane was in there too. The ones that noticed weren't out were Tornado and Yowie... also I haven't heard about GG in a long time. She said Jade had died a while back.

With her being so sick and possibly not being with us much longer I want to help her find homes for the kitties. When I asked a few months back, after she was first diagnosed, she said she was putting money away for them to go to a rescue. But I always imagine her passing and me standing in her apartment helping animal control gather cats and telling them about the cats I know. I'd like to get them in a good healthy home before any of that happens. Mom would like to take Sheba the siamese (which is not Juanita's) and Evil Lyn since they are friends. I would love to take Fluffykins, but with three cats and two dogs of my own I probably won't.  

September 29, 2020- My dear friend passed away on September 26, 2020. I went to see her around 1:30 in the afternoon. I left about 15 minutes later. She was no longer responsive, although I think she knew i was there. I went home and talked with my upstairs neighbor Tyree. I told her she needed to go see Juanita, otherwise she would regret not seeing her. Ty left home around 3:30. Nita passed away shortly after around 4-4:30.

This photo there is Evil-Lynn,                 This photos has Beowolf, EvilLynn, Sylvester,
Hurricane, Ninja, Simba, Beowolf,           Luigi, Gin and Mario.
and Fluffykins. (Ninja belonged
to someone in the back apartments)




Well, when I first moved in there were several cats the hung out outside of her apartment.
There was: Mama Cats, Gin, Sylvester, Mario, Luigi, Hurricane Acme, Bandit, Beowolf, Basil, Fluffykins, Evil Lyn,


Mama Katz- Juanita got Mama Cats in around 2010-2011. She was found in a garbage bag, with three kittens (Bandit, Gin and Evil Lynn) in the arborvitaes (bushes) right by our apt #6  (before we lived there)
Cindy, the manager knew who dumped them but wouldn't say who it was.
Juanita I believe (I didn't live here anymore by that point) got her fixed, but not before she had another litter (or two?) Sylvester, Luigi, Mario, Fluffykins, Hurricane.)
Feb 3, 2020-  Gin died and Juanita said evil Lynn was the last of the 3 kittens who were tossed in a garbage bag. She mentioned that fluffykins was also the last of her litter alive. She said Mario, Luigi and mentioned 2 new ones, Solomon and Gideon were of the same litter and now all dead but fluffykins.
Mama had a tough life. She was put into a plastic bag with her kittens (apparently she carried those kittens into Juanita's house) she was attacked by something (which was why she walked different).
After the apartments were sold all the cats that were living outside, were taken inside her house (except Bandit, until a month or so before he died)
I can't remember how Mama died, but she died in late 2017.









 Bandit- Bandit was found with his mom in a garbage bag. He was the most timid, but also the most unique looking (in my opinion) He wasn't neutered, but also wasn't aggressive toward other males, we actually never saw him fight. He went to the vet in 2017 for some reason. He tested positive for a cat disease. He died either the end of 2017 early 2018. I felt that it had to due with Juanita taking him into her house. Cats that go in there sick, seem to end up dying. Either from stress, or the smell or a combo of both...


Gin- He was a Siamese/tabby mix. Very derpy, cross eyed cat. He was neutered. He went missing in 2015 I think it was. We had no idea where he went, but about 2 months later he turned up. Emaciated, and very scared. Juanita scooped him up and put him inside. I didn't see him for over a year I think. And even know typing this, I think I've seen him twice, when she opens the door to let him out. I guess he rolls on the sidewalk and then runs back in... I was told he lives in a cupboard in the kitchen.
Update: On 2-4-2020 GinGin passed away. He was around 10 years old. Juanita called me to tell me, and i went over to talk to her. She said he was loving on her, head butting her and laid with her for a bit. Then he went back to his cupboard. When she was feeding everyone, she was surprised when he didn't peak his head out like normal. After feeding all the others she went to his cupboard and asked him if he was hungry. He was curled up, sleeping she thought. She touched him and knew right away that he was gone. 


Evil-Lynn- Evil-Lynn is apparently called what she is because if you pointed at her when she was younger (before I met her) she would try to smack you. She was being fed by a neighbor Charlene, and she was nice and fat. But one day, after the maintenance man, Gene put out traps to catch and get rid of some of the cats that were hanging out in the complex, Evil Lynn walked into live trap for a hotdog. Juanita happened to be out talking to Gene, right next to this trap. She couldn't say "that's my cat" because she always maintained that none of the cats outside were hers. She fed them, named them and took them to the vet if needed but she didn't go out and obtain these cats. Anyways, she had to think on her toes and say, "Jess can take this cat and find her a new home. She's really good at that." So I had Evil Lynn for a couple hours until Gene and his wife the manager, Sonja left for the day, Juanita came and got her. She's been inside the house since then. I've seen her in Juanita's bedroom window a couple years ago and she kinda shrunk. She's not chunky anymore. She almost died in I think 2016, maybe 2015. She always hides under the bed I guess, and there was a big flea problem under there. She was so anemic she needed a blood transfusion. She got better and is still alive.  (She was spayed, and I don't believe she ever had any kittens)






This picture of Evil Lynn was taken when she escaped outside. You can see that she is squinting and slight hairloss around her eyes. She looked better now. (She escaped in June I think) As of September 2, 2019, she is still outside (Juanita is letting her be out because she is friends with Sheba the Siamese)












The photo above was taken in Feb 2020. Its Evil Lynn, Fluffykins and Sheba. Evil Lynn and Sheba eat at my place every night, and they are fed by Charlene and I've seen Brandon put food out for Evil Lynn too. So she's nice and fat which is good because they are out in the winter. Fluffykins isn't very big, but she's soft and clean and has been coming outside a bit more.




Sylvester- Sylvester used to hang out with a young grey male cat we named Beowolf. He wasn't very tame when I first moved into #6, but after playing with him for a bit and getting him used to us being around we got him tame and we could pet him and eventually pick him up. Anyways, Sylvester wasn't fixed. He had that scrawny Tom cat body with the big head. He disappeared in November 2015 (I think it was, Juanita wrote down that it was November 2014 that he disappeared) We have no idea what happened to him. The night he disappeared though was the first really cold night. I figure he either froze to death somewhere, or got eaten by something.... At this point, I'm thinking he could very well be in Juanita's house, but I doubt it. She would have said, "I found him! I'm keeping him in."


Mario- Mario was one of the last of the outdoor cats to be outdoors. He seemed to enjoy his freedom. In 2016, was when he became an indoor cat. I haven't seen him but maybe one time. (He is neutered)
Update- I last saw Mario in late 2018 or early 2019. He was a little thin, but not super underweight.
       Juanita told me on April 10, (2019) that Mario had died today. She said he was completely fine the day before, and that she found him dead. I don't remember if she said he made weird meowing noises or not, but he passed away. She has him kept in the freezer (as of the 17th he's still in there) She is saving up to cremate him to make it easier to bury him under the stairs at her front porch (along with Bandit, Luigi, and Stallone... she also plans to bury Kitty Mau under there as well)
Mario was finally buried in August, after Freya died. He is buried under the stairs on top of his brother Luigi.


Luigi- Luigi looked a lot like Mario, except a little darker and a bit more muscley. He was not neutered, and we never saw him fight, until a lady in the back threw her black and white cat out on 4th of July 2015. At the time we thought it was a female and could not understand why Luigi was going after this poor cat. It turned out to be a male cat, probably not fixed.
Luigi always had nasal discharge. He would snot on you sometimes. I knew he was sickly, but I don't know if Juanita really knew. He ended up having the same thing his "dad" did. (I put quotations around that because after a couple of years of being around Juanita, I used to think she had this whole family tree of cats known, but it turns out that if a cat has a characteristic like one of her cats, she thinks they are related. Like a young male cat named Stallone. He was black and white like Sylvester, and he even had a white mark on his nose like Sylvester. Juanita is so sure that Stallone is a Sylvester baby, even though Sylvester was missing almost a year before this kitten showed up.)
Luigi is buried next to Juanita's front porch (Stallone right next to him)


Basil- Basil wasn't Juanita's in the beginning. He moved into apartment #2 with a family back in around 2009ish. He moved in with Juanita shortly after that and never left. He was pretty old when he passed away. He was outside mostly, but got sick I think and was kept inside. He wouldn't eat much toward the end, so when he decided to pig out on Chinese food, the bought it for him! He ended up dying in 2015 I think. He is buried along the side of Juanita's apartment (along with Samuel, and a kitten she named Rosemary)  He was neutered.


Fluffykins- Fluffykin's was Juanita's son Daniel's cat. When I first moved in, Fluffykin's would come visit Juanita (I thought) for a few days here and there because she liked to be able to be outside, and when she was at Daniel's who lived in a hotel, she couldn't go out. Eventually she just ended up being here. She was fixed, and never had babies. She is kept inside most of the time. I see her on occasion when Juanita lets her outside to walk down to the street with her. She has asthma, and gets put in the cage a lot cause she gets in trouble.


Hurricane- Hurricane was pretty timid when we first moved back into the apartments. She was one that I figured my girls would blend in with. Hurricane is not fixed and I don't know how many litters she has had. I know she has had at least 2 and those are recent (within the year of 2018). I don't remember why Juanita took her in. I think she was going to get her fixed? She kept her inside, where she would go crazy in the dog cage she was kept in any time Juanita went close.
Juanita told me she found a new home for her with an older lady, and even was named something else (I don't remember that name) And I thought that was good for Hurricane, until about a year or so later? I saw a tabby cat in Juanita's bedroom window. I realized, after looking at this cat who sat there on and off for days. I compared photos with ones I'd taken when she was outside. It was Hurricane.
Only recently (within the last year or so) I found out for sure. It was when Hurricane had babies (probably December-ish of 2017) Juanita showed me two babies from her bedroom window. A black one and tabby I think. (Moses and Screech) I asked, whose the mama? She said "Hurricane".
Those two babies died from being sucked dry from fleas.
Hurricane had 4 more babies in around April or May 2018. A black and white one (Tornado said like this Tor-nah-dow) two Siamese/tabbies Ginny (after Gin) and Yowie. And a dark tabby with white paws and white on her face, named Series. She showed me when the babies were about 2-3 weeks old. She said she was keeping up on the fleas really good this time, and that she only found 1 flea on each kitten or one kitten, (earlier that day or the day before) but when she brought them out to show me and I was looked at them to see the sexes, they had lots of fleas on them) and she may have been telling the truth and they just got more fleas within that amount of time. IDK.
Hurricane's kittens will more than likely be kept here. One thing she told me in the past that I got to thinking about was that she doesn't like to split up kitty families. Meaning she likes to keep litters with their mom forever... so when she told me this, I didn't think about when she said she gave Hurricane away!
4-17-19- update- Juanita moved out. She thought she was evicted so she packed up as much as she could, took all the cats and moved to Seaside? into a trailer someone gave her. Well. she was gone for about 4 days, before I told her she had a court date posted on her front door. I had been in and out of her place, taking a few things (with her permission) but also trying to clean up the massive mess that was left behind in her rush to get out in the 2 days she felt she had to leave.
When she came back for what I thought was just until the 12th of Feb, Hurricane escaped. I was kind of glad for her, which isn't a normal thing lol. She was out for 3 weeks or so I think. She was in heat I think, so it is possible that she is pregnant again.
I helped Juanita print out a few pictures of her apartment and while looking through her photos there were lots of pictures of lots of different cats that verified to me that all of the cats she said she was baby sitting, were actually her cats. The point I'm getting to is that Juanita had taken photos of a litter of 3 or 4 kittens that were born dead all in different stages of growth. One, the size of a normal newborn kitten, one a bit smaller and one even smaller. There were also photos of the two kittens that made it about 2 weeks.
Feb 3 2020- update. I was always told hurricane was momma cats kitten. Over time I never knew who was related. Apparently a cat called Lady Ebony is her mom. She is still alive.

Juanita put Hurricane outside for the last time in September 2020. She is still outside, roaming. I feed her when she comes around.



Ginny, Ceries, Tornado (said like Tor-nah-doh, instead of Tor-nay-doh), and Yowie

These kittens were born between April and June 2018. I think they were about 6 weeks old when I first saw them in June so I think they were born in April. I've "babysat" them twice. They are always hungry and very ravenous when food is around. Its sad. 
In in March 2019 Juanita told me that Series died. She said she hadn't been doing well and she was the smallest I think. Its so sad because they are only just a year old.
On April 14th(ish) Juanita randomly wanted to show me Ginny and how cute her face was. It was odd. She's never done that and I've seen Ginny before. Well, when she brought Ginny out, she could barely keep her eyes open like it was too bright out for her and she was missing fur around her eyes. That was all I noticed about her but then she wanted me to see Tornado. When she brought him out I noticed the fur on his back feet was super thinned and missing... you could really see the pink skin underneath. His feet were also dirty and clumps of litter stuck to them. It was the same when she brought out the third surviving kitten Yowie who looks like Ginny but with white paws instead of dark grey. His feet were really  dirty and litter was stuck to him. She pulled them all from what I assume was a crate behind the front door. If its the same crate she brings them to my house in, they are sitting in their litter box.
I saw the three remaining kittens in July of 2019 and they looked better. Ginny's eyes were still a little squinty but the hair was grown back. The hair on the backs of Tornado's legs were thinned out but he didn't seem red or inflamed. They are all small (probably malnourished). 
 February 13, 2020- Little Ginny died. None of the "kittens" looked more than a 4-5 months old. even at almost 2 years.


Other cats that she has obtained or that I have seen in her house.

There is:

Kitty- Mau: Kitty Mau is almost 20 years old I guess. She belonged to the same family that had Basil. She was an outside cat for a while, then when Sonja and Gene were going to set traps and round up the loose cats, and Juanita warned Kitty Mau's owners, their response was "Let her get rounded up."
She was outside for several more months and she was fine. Juanita fed her, would let her in sometimes. She'd come into my house sometimes too. Then when the apartments were being worked on Juanita put her in her house. This was around the time we had to clear off our front porches and anything around the front. Kitty Mau would sleep under this stool under Juanita's porch and I was gone.
She is fixed.
Juanita says she is very particular to what bowl she will eat out of and what blanket she will sleep on, but when I baby sat a few cats for Juanita while she had an inspection, Kitty Mau ate just fine out of whatever bowl was in there (even though she had the bowl that Juanita said she would only eat out of) She almost died in late 2017 early 2018, but she perked back up. She has a flea allergy and gets scabby.
Kitty Mau died in August on the 8th. She had been sick a couple weeks before and seemed to get better. Then she went down hill and died pretty fast. I saw her last few breaths. Juanita had her front door open. I went out, waiting for a friend to come look at a couch I was getting rid of. Juanita came up to me and said Kitty Mau was dying. She was gunna try to get her out to have some fresh air. Freya died about two weeks before Kitty Mau.


Freya:
Freya belonged to Hazel. Hazel has lived in the apartments since her boys were little. I always thought Freya was one of Mama Cats babies, but I guess she is not. I have to double check, cause Juanita had told me before that Freya and Fluffykins were sisters.
When I first moved to the apartments, we hardly ever saw Freya but I had always thought she was really pretty.
She had a flea allergy and was always scabby. Juanita would buy flea meds for Hazel to put on her.
In 2018ish, Freya left Hazel's and moved over to Charlene. Charlene named her Baby, but in January 2019, she got worried when Juanita was "moving" that she would get written up for having Freya and asked Juanita to take her. Well, when Juanita came back she just kept Freya. She slowly went down hill. She did lose weight (she'd gotten quite fat eating at Charlene's) but one night I happened to be taking the dogs out (in August 2019) Juanita came out with this toweled bundle and had Freya. She may have had a stroke. I don't know. But she peed on herself and pooped. And she passed away a couple hours after I saw her. As of Sept 2, 2019 she is in the freezer still, with Kitty Mau. Mario was buried a day or two after Freya died. Freya and Kitty Mau are probably going to be buried under my stairs together. (Photo: taken in 2014. I don't think I have any updated pictures of her. When she lived with Charlene she was really round lol)
As of July 2020, I do not know if she has buried Freya or Kitty Mau... 

September 2020- Freya is one of 7 cats in her freezer. (the others I believe are, Kitty Mau, Zorro, Goblin, Gideon, Jethro, and Ginni. I guessed by going by two lists Juanita had made of cats buried on the Silverton Manor property and the park. There are 7 "things" wrapped in dish towels in giant zip lock bags.)






One-One:
One-One was Rosemary's brother/dad. He belonged to a family in the back of the apartments. They had an orange female also who I found a home for when she was pregnant for like the 5-6th time. I found her a home (the owners asked me to) I was looking for a home for One One too but the girl told me nevermind on him because she husband was so mad about Pumpkin leaving. One-One was pretty much abandoned and is super skinny.
Juanita had been feeding him on and off for a couple years on her back porch. He used to come regularly to eat but stopped for a long time.
One day, Juanita became alarmed when she saw One One after not seeing him for weeks. He was super skinny and looked like something tried to eat him or attacked him. She said he walked into her house and he's currently in there now, being nursed by Juanita. She said that first night her was there she wasn't sure if he was going to make it. She got up every 30 minutes to feed him.
He is not neutered.

9-6-18- Juanita told me that One One passed away today. She said something about litter and something needed to be cleaned but she wanted to wait for the morning... I know he was already ill but I can't help but think that the smell on top of that didn't help him. The fragerant litter smell is what I'm talking about.
One-One is buried under my bedroom window.

Above is a photo from Nita's SD card. It's One One with what she called the bathroom babies (Yowie, Ginni, Ceries and Tornado)


GG: I was told GG was a black cat she was taking in to get fixed for a family. He escaped her house, so she was trying to catch him, and let the family know what happened.
Then this supposed family decided they weren't coming back for their cat. I think, what was really the case, was this cat was always Juanita's and he just escaped and she was trying to get him back in, which she did eventually. She did let him in and out for a little while because he was hanging out with a kitten that showed up. She was a tortoiseshell, around 3-4 months old when she first showed up. Eventually, Juanita got her inside, and I haven't seen Annie (the torti) or GG for about 2 years. I don't know if GG is fixed.  (No photo- black cat)
September 2 2019- No word on GG since about 2016ish.
July 22, 2020- I was actually able to see all the cats the Juanita has and there is no sign of GG. I have no idea what happened to him. She never said he died, but he must have. 

 










GG I now believe to be one of her cats named Goblin or Gideon... and they both did die in 2019/2020 after what she calls the "Trip from Hell"

Annie: Annie showed up as a 3-4 month old kitten. She was outside for a couple months before Juanita somehow caught her and took her in. She isn't fixed, unless Juanita took her in at some point to get her fixed but she has never told me that she did. I felt bad recently (end of June 2018) there's a cat in Juanita's room (in a cage... there are a lot in cages I think in her room) anyways, I felt bad cause I could hear a cat crying in there. You know when you try to give a cat a bath and they way they meow is kinda sad, well its like that. It sounds like its saying "hello" and "help" and "ohh"  When I was out talking to Juanita one night and the cat started up again, I kinda laughed and I said "who is that?" and she did this laugh like she was thinking about what I asked but she had to get this laugh out first cause the cats noises were "funny"... anyways, she said it was Annie. And I felt bad for Annie being stuck in the cage all the time. I always wonder how many cats are just sitting in cages in there. And I know its all the time cause the window is open about 2 inches and I hear the same cat all the time. But about two weeks after I asked her that she mentioned Annie being in a different part of the house. My thought was that she was trying to think of which cats does Jess know about (which was why she had to use the laugh to think real quick) OR, Maybe she really does let the cats out from time to time and Annie was in the cage, and then a couple weeks later she wasn't. I don't know. - tortoiseshell )
7-23-2020- Annie is still alive. 

September 29, 2020- Juanita let Annie outside earlier this month. I think she knew her time was coming soon, and was trying to make it easier for herself by letting loose some of the kitties. The fur on Annie's supposed to be fluffy tail is very thinned out.



 


 Here is Annie when she first showed up. This photo was on Nita's SD card.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Alien cats: There were two cats a couple years ago that would show up in the bedroom window from time to time. There was a black one who I think was named Jade (and another--- don't remember the name) Juanita called them the aliens. I think one or both were Devon Rex cats. These two cats were apparently ones that she baby sat. Which I believed her for a while. But I never see people dropping off or picking up any of these cats that she says she baby sits.
I haven't seen those two in about 2 years.  (No photo)
Update: September 2, 2019- I've heard the name Lady Ebony come up in August. She is apparently Hurricane's mom. This whole time I thought Mama Cats was Hurricane's mom. Lady Ebony (unsure of her age, but at least 10-11yrs-) might be one of the alien cats I saw in the window a few years back. I did see her come outside really quick in August. 

September 29, 2020- I found out that the three Alien sisters are Jade (dead) Juda (released outside) and I think Lady Ebony.

Two black cats: (Lady Ebony and Juda)- When I went to get that shelf out of her living room, there was a stack of dog crates (two high) and I think on the top one, there were two black cats I think. (maybe one on the bottom, I don't remember) She said they were there to get fixed. (I remember now she said she was part of this group that helps cats, they get the fixed and such... but I doubt that was true.) Lady Ebony might be one of these two black cats. GG could be one of these black cats.

Two Siamese Tabbies:  They weren't Gin, but they were Siamese tabbies. There were two of them, and I think one other with them. She was baby sitting these cats. For some reason they were in the back of the Ford Explorer that she had bought from Tyree (my upstairs neighbor) They were in a large dog crate. One or both had pooped in there. (I think they were in there cause she had an inspection I think) If they were cats that she was baby sitting, and they were my cats, I would be kinda mad that they were being made to poop all over themselves.
She needed my helped getting the kennel to her backporch and into her back door. I asked if she wanted me to help anymore than that and she said no. I haven't seen those cats since then. So they were either cats that she baby sits or they are kept in cages in the house somewhere.
Update- Feb 2019- Juanita brought over an SD card for me to help her print photos of her apartment but there were a bunch of pictures of cats too... including several different Siamese tabbies (including Gin)
September 29, 2020- Sinbad could be one of these siamese tabbies.

Beowolf:  I'm only adding him on here because she named him and fed him. He wasn't neutered. He disappeared in 2016 when there were workers here (after the apartments were bought by the new owner) Juanita said she saw him near Home Place with the other cats the hang out over there.
He was hanging out over by Charlene's place, but he just disappeared one day. So he either was sick of the noise and men walking around working, or maybe Juanita put him in her house. I doubt it but maybe.



Rosemary: Rosemary wasn't Juanita's cat either. I was asked to take 5 young kittens. Rosemary got pretty sick, and she was pretty small so I asked Juanita for some help. She was doing ok I guess but then she went down hill pretty quick, and ended up dying. She is buried along the side of the apartments next to Basil and Samuel.

Young white with tabby- I haven't seen it since I took its photo in her window.
Update- In Feb 2019, when Juanita came back from moving out for a few days, this cat showed up again. It had escaped her house. Its a female. I don't know her name. I watched Juanita try to catch it while Groucho and Simba tried to get the food she was using to lure this cat. She told me that this was a cat that was missing and she was trying to catch it for its family. She did catch her, but then about two weeks later when Juanita needed help printing pictures of her apartment for court, the SD card had lots of pictures of cats on it including lots of pictures of this cat.

7-19-2020- I went in to help Juanita out with cleaning since she is really sick and this cat was in there. Its a female. I doubt she'd fixed but never heard of her having babies. Her name is Nike, Her nickname is Bitchlet. 
This picture was
                                                                                         taken when she
                                                                                        escaped in 2019




Juda- I haven't seen this one either since I took its photo in the window. update 7-19-2020- I saw this kitty inside.
 This actually might be either one of the alien cats that she says she babysat or it could be one of the black cats I saw in a crate in her living room.
7-19-2020- I believe this is one of the cats i saw when i helped Juanita clean up. Her name is Juda. Apparently she is the alpha female, and sister to Chairman Mau and Hurricane.

Sasha: She doesn't belong to Juanita. She belongs to apt #2, but they threw her out when their other cat had kittens. They took off her color and practically disowned her. I put her here cause I have a feeling that she's going to end up pregnant (she has two unfixed males following her around, although she hasn't gone into heat yet... she's a young cat) Juanita told me that she would like to take her in the get her spayed before she does end up pregnant, but if she ends up pregnant, I'm betting that she will take her in and we won't see her again.
Sasha was rehomed in August 2018. Brandon told one of his coworkers about her and he came and got her.





Pumpkin Head- Groucho (was his name first)
Pumpkin Head (an orange cat) used to belong to #2. He came to be here with two of his brothers (three orange kittens, one for each of the ladies kids) I knew it was a mistake that this lady got 3 more animals. She had just gotten rid of a big, aggressive dog that she would let run loose. (That was her third dog while living her)
Anyways, one of the cats went missing in December 2017. The lady left in January 2018 to live in Australia for 6 months. She had people move into her apartment, one of them her brother and two other people. The two other people got 2 cats (Sasha and Stevie I think is the other ones name) Stevie had kittens so the couple threw Sasha out. She had her collar on the first few days, but eventually they took the collar off. The two Pumpkin Heads (Juanita's knick name for them) (Groucho was one of the real names) The end of June came around and we were told that Beth (the lady who owned the orange cats) was coming home. About a week or two before she came home, Juanita found the two orange cats in a crate on the back porch of #2. She asked where they were going and she was told that Beth wanted the two orange cats gone before she came back from Australia. We were so mad about that! We didn't understand why she didn't just find them homes before she left, and why she wouldn't wait until she got back and do it herself. Anyways it turned out that the people who lived in her apartment were told to get rid of their cats, not the orange ones.... I'm thinking that Beth just told Juanita that they lied so she wouldn't be mad...
 Juanita and Charlene were both so upset about the two orange cats being gone (One used to follow Juanita around and the other followed Charlene) About 5 days after the orange guys left, the one that followed Juanita around showed back up. She was so happy about that.... anyways. He's in her house now and has only been able to come back out on a leash. Beth knows Juanita has him, but she hasn't done anything to get him back. She knows where the other cat is too. I'm glad that she isn't bringing the other cat back because he would end up in Juanita's house and these cats like being out.
He is not neutered. This picture might actually be one of Groucho's brother's.






















Sheba: Is a Siamese girl that started hanging out around the apartments. Juanita started feeding her and she hangs out. We think she probably has or had a home because although she is pretty timid at first she does like being pet once she realizes you're a nice person.
The other day Juanita said that the yard people were out, so she grabbed Sheba and tossed her into the house. I kept thinking, she's going to tell me she opened the door for Sheba to go out and she just didn't wanna go out, and I'd know it wasn't true. But later that day she let her back out.
September 2019- Sheba is still here. She has lost a bit of weight and is skinny but not super skinny. I think she is an older cat.




As of Feb 3, 2020 two new names of cats have been mentioned. Both are passed away and apparently from the same litter as fluffykins. Solomon and Gideon.
Feb 9th 2020 - Juanita called me to ask me to keep a look out for a cat that escaped. It was a name i'd never heard... Chompers. as of July 2020, Chompers is still loose outside, I have never seen him/her and can't remember the coloring.

February 13, 2020- Little Ginny died.  Juanita called me to tell me she died and doesn't know why. She said she heard a low meow kind of how Kitty Mau used to meow, then heard another and went to check what was going on and found Ginny dead.


Cats Mentioned: 

Zorro-
I don't know who Zorro is, but when Juanita was telling me about One One passing away, she said she had all the cats say goodbye to him, and Zorro touched his head with his paw. I've never heard Zorro mentioned before.
7-22-2020- I went into Juanita's apartment to feed and water the cats while she went to the emergency room by ambulance. There were four males in a cat cage. The next day, the 23rd when I came over to clean litter boxes, she said the males were Sinbad?, Yowie (lynx point siamese), Tom-Tom (tabby) and can't remember the other but it wasn't Zorro. 

Zorro is dead.

Chompers - she disappeared around May/June 2020 and wasn't seen again. Littermate to Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau (in photo below)- this could be one of the few Gin look alikes i've seen in the past (the ones she said she was babysitting)
July 19, 2020- I saw this kitty inside Juanita's house. She is a female. Unsure, but doubtfully spayed. Supposed sister to Hurricane and Juda and I think Bitchlet, which means Lady Ebony is their mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment