Monday, April 13, 2020

2020


Day 1-  Friday March 13, 2020-
              I didn't send Ari to school today and I didn't have Charlie today. I've only had him three days this week. The Governor of Oregon canceled all schools in Oregon starting on Monday and opening back up on April 1, 2020. This is getting crazy! This has never ever happened in my life time. School was only ever canceled because of snow, and once because of a wind storm when I was in like 4th grade.


 Day 2- Saturday March 14, 2020- It feels like a normal Saturday.



 Day 3- Sunday March 15, 2020- We didn't go to church. It was decided we would do it online through Facebook Live. We went to Mark Twain elementary to play at the park.We had fun and after some obnoxious kids left, and left behind a weird football and a basket ball, he grabbed them up and took them with us. I don't know if they belonged to those kids or not, but we took them.

We went to mom's to hang out for a bit. I wanted to go hang out after hearing there might be a quarantine and we may not be able to visit for a while.



 Day 4-  Monday March 16, 2020- First day of the no school order. I didn't have Charlie because Lindsey wasn't working. I was thinking she might go work at Season's to keep making money so i was, I don't wanna say worried, but I was kind of hoping I wouldn't have him.



 Day 5- Tuesday March 17, 2020- The governor announced that schools throughout Oregon would not reopen on April 1st, but on April 28th.



 Day 6- Wednesday March 18, 2020- Caius painting some pretty pictures today.



 Day 7- Thursday March 19, 2020- We took the dogs for a walk around the apartments. We walked around the complex, out to the road and around like 5 times, just to get the dogs out and get us out of the house for some fresh air.




 Day 8- Friday March 20, 2020- We were gunna take the dogs for a walk, but Julie wanted us to visit and said we could bring the dogs over to exercise them. I wanted to wait until after Lee went to work so we didn't go until 6ish and we were only going to hang out for about an hour. The dogs played for a bit. Jack and Pudge finally met and just like I knew, Jack didn't like Pudge. Jack ignored Pudge at first until Pudge barked at Jack. That's when Jack wanted to attack him. Rigo held onto Pudge's leash while I held Jack to try and let them sniff, but Jack kept snapping at Pudge (Jack was wearing his muzzle) and Pudge growled at Jack. There was no letting there be a loose leash, cause Jack is just nuts. So Pudge went back inside and whined and barked the whole time.
We went home where I had a roast cooking for us.



 Day 9- Saturday March 21, 2020- Today was pretty boring. I took Caius outside to play at the playground on our complex. 




 Day 10- Sunday March 22, 2020- Me and Caius took a walk to Mark Twain. I wasn't sure it was allowed or not but we went for a little while. We had fun. Ari stayed home, she didn't even know we left!



 Day 11- Monday March 23, 2020-



 Day 12- Tuesday March 24, 2020- Today, i took a bag of dried pinto beans and split peas and put them in a big pot. Then gave Caius a water bottle that i cut the bottom off of to be a funnel and he played with that for over an hour. Beans were all over the floor but it kept him busy and he had a lot of fun. I got a little anxious at the end because i kept cleaning up the beans and they kept ending up on the floor. I annoyed myself with getting anxious, but it was started to rub off on Caius who was then getting cranky too.
 
After I put Caius to bed i went in the back room where the big freezer is and starting chipping away at the ice. I have only done it one other time since we moved into the apartment, that last time being last year! The ice on the top shelf came down about 8 inches or so! It took me about 2 hours! I had gloves on and then medical gloves over that otherwise i would have had to quit much sooner because my hands would have gotten too cold. There was a lot of build up and a pile of ice outside that lasted 2 days.



Day 13-




Day 14-March 26, 2020- We all painted today. Caius did his water colors in his chair and me and Ari painted on the table except i was closer to the computer. I finished my painting of Ari and Zoe in the rain.




Day 15- Friday March 27, 2020-  I made French toast and bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. I used to always want to be able to stay home and make breakfast for the kids and I am able to do that really haven't done it that much. So it was nice!



Day 16- Saturday March 28, 2020-



Day 17 Sunday March 29, 2020- It rained last night and there were a bunch of worms out. This morning i took the garbage out and rescued two worms that would have  dried up and died. I decided that in a little while we would go out and rescue the worms that were stuck on the pavement since it was getting warmer out and wasn't raining anymore. So I got Ari and Caius to come put with me with some dixie cups to go out and pick worms up. We saved quite a bit!


 Day 1- Monday, March 30, 2020- 


 Day 19- Tuesday, March 31, 2020-  I painted my finger nails, and Caius wanted his painted too, so i painted his finger nails.
 

Day 20- Wednesday April 1, 2020- April fools day! I shared a post about the governor announcing that school will resume on July 1, 2020. A friend on facebook had shared it so when i first saw it was about to get mad! Then I saw comments from her friends getting mad and she said "click the link" so i did, and it says "You've been Pranked! April fools!" Thank gosh.


Day 21- Thursday April 2, 2020-


Day 22: Friday April 3, 2020
        Today mom was going to sneak over for a visit. Not really sneak, ya know.
I hadn't really talked to her about her coming over so I text her saying "Hiiii" and she said she was still coming over, but she would be running late. That was fine because I Juanita had asked me to run her to the bank and Wilco yesterday, so when she called this morning and asked when we would go, I told her mom was visiting around 11 and Ari's teacher was going to call at noon to talk to her. I didn't need to be here for that but I wish I had been so I knew what she said. (She called to talk to Ari. She was calling all her students to discuss doing online assignments starting next week. Which is good!)
So I called Juanita back and let her know we could go in a few minutes. I had done my hair, and needed to get Caius dressed.
Juanita ended up needing to go, first to the bank.She wanted to go in, instead of at the drive up ATM, which was fine. She paid me $20 for the internet, which she does every month. Then we headed over to Wilco where she needed to get some pellets that she uses as cat litter. I parked next to a nice light blue car that looked like Julie's and wondered if it was. When I saw the car seat in the back I knew it was hers. I couldn't text her to tell her we were out in the parking lot, cause I'd left my phone home for Ari. Juanita came out before Julie, who I'd seen from a distance out in the garden area.
After Wilco she needed to go up to Safeway, so we drove up there so she could pay her PGE. Me and Caius stayed in the car each time she went in. We parked at the far back of the parking lot and waited for Juanita to come back out. I picked her up near the entrance, then she wanted to go to Dairy Queen, and get us all some lunch so we went through the drive-thru, since all the restaurants are closed, except for drive thrus and orders to go only. There were like 5 cars in front of us! We got home at 12:20, and I remembered the time because Ari was on the phone with her teacher. She went to her room to talk, and mom was there when we got home. We were gone for probably 45 minutes or so.
Mom and I talked for a couple hours. It was nice to catch up. I haven't seen her in it feels like forever. She's dealing with crazy neighbors!
I put Caius down for a nap after 2:30. I didn't realize it was so late. I like to get him down around 1:30 or so. I had planned on maybe napping with him, or at the same time anyways, but didn't. Mom left about an hour after I put him down. After mom headed out, I sat at the computer to work on my story "Rain and Tushka." I've been working on it for a few weeks. I started it back in I wanna say 2016.
 Caius woke up around 4:20ish. He fell off his mattress I think, and it scared him. I went and laid with him for a few minutes before we got up. I gave him a little bag of Doritos. I wasn't ready to make dinner yet, and I had no idea what I was gunna make, and I was sure he was hungry. I know I shouldn't have, but I didn't wanna hear him screaming.
        I typed a little bit more on my story, but quit for now. Caius wanted me to chase him. I felt bad cause I had a headache again and just wasn't up for it. I was feeling really drowsy.
I decided to pull out the hide a bed. I never sleep on it, but I figured we could lay on it. I always have these ideas of cuddling with Caius but he NEVER sits still, and he didn't disappoint this time either. I put on Wreck It Ralph and laid down. I know i dosed off for a few minutes, but Caius kept jumping around. I did help a little bit to shut my eyes.
The movie ended and I put on My Dog The Thief and decided to heat up the pork fried rice that we ordered a few nights ago. I didn't want it to go to waste, but it really wasn't that great. Its very dry, so I added some water.


Day 23- Saturday April 4, 2020


Day 24, Sunday, April 5, 2020-  Shane's 24th birthday. But we couldn't celebrate because of quarantine.
We drove to the Abbey today after "nap" time. Caius didn't nap. I had a short nap. We got to the Abbey and I pulled my camera out of my purse. I realized I had forgotten to put the battery in it. Ugh! I sat there for a minute and Ari asked if I wanted to go home and get it. So we did. We did because we could. We weren't on a time limit. We had no where to be, so we drove home. I grabbed both batteries. One had been in the charger the other not. When I got back to the car, the battery that had been in the charger was drained. What!? I put the other in and it seemed to be ok. We we headed back to Mt. Angel. We parked again and got out. I started taking photos and the battery started flashing already that it was dying. Ugh! I think its time for new batteries. So I got a couple decent pictures before it died. I had my phone still. We were there maybe 20 minutes. I wanted Caius to get some of his energy out, but once we'd gone near the wall, where there is a drop off into some pokey bushes and you can see the nice view, he wanted to be on the wall without me holding him so I made him get down. He screeched and screamed. People were up there, and it was so peaceful and quiet and I felt bad because Caius's screaming was just piercing. So i grabbed him up and we left. I filmed his melt down. (Sent it to Julie later and I wish I hadn't. lol) I sat outside the car for a few minutes and made a Marco Polo video for Darcie. Once I felt calm, I got in the car and we headed for home. We went down Academy street, rather than through town. Then down Hook Road. I wanted to show Ari the Osprey nest that has been there for years. It was cool! 


Day 25- Monday, April 6, 2020- Today was a rough day! I was so tired and cranky. I had a mini anxiety attack, and was yelling. Caius has been really frustrating lately. I was feeling really overwhelmed. I think me yelling constantly doesn't help him, and it just get even more frustrated. I cried a lot today because I was just feeling trapped. I think I told Lee today or yesterday that he could take Caius if he wanted to, and I wasn't sure how he felt about taking him during this pandemic, but I wanted to put it out there that he could. And he said thanks, and he said he was worried about taking him but he wanted to. I said, yeah i get it, or something along those lines. Two days later (I haven't brought it up since) he says "We wanna see him but my parents are worried about who you've been around and me too. (I wish i saved that message because the way it was worded when i read it was his parents were worried about who both of us have been around but now I'm wondering if he was meaning he was worried too.. i dunno) whatever. I was annoyed because other people are continuing there parental rights... and watch, as soon as all this is over, they're gunna wanna take him. And I'm not gunna want that. Because it isn't fair that Lee just get to come and go as he pleases. I'm getting off topic.


Day 26- Tuesday April 7, 2020- Today was a little better. I was really trying to be calm and not yell. I was set off though when Ari made Caius start screaming. Something about a certain pitch his scream gets to that just sets me over. I brought myself back to trying to be calm.



Day 27-  Wednesday April 8, 2020- The Governor announced that school would be closed the rest of the school year and reopen in September. One feeling is relief. I'm kind of glad to not have to deal with school and getting up early and having a long 5.5 month long "vacation", even though it's not supposed to be viewed as a vacation. Another feeling I had when i was thinking about it, was sadness. I didn't know that the very last day Ari would have in 8th grade, her last middle school year would be March 12th. She most likely won't have an 8th grade graduation. They may do something at a later point, but nothing has been said.
We went on an evening walk around town. We went down Mill st. Then down 3rd street and turned down our old street, Drake St. Our old duplex still looks like home. I wanted to walk up the drive way and go home. We walked down past Lindsey house. Caius wanted to go down the slide. I'm sure we could have but no one was home. We walked down Jersey st, and then turned again on 1st? and walk down through town and then headed home. I got annoyed at the end of the walk because Ari seemed to be in a hurry to get home. All she's been doing in playing on her Switch and not much else. I need to get her to do other things. She is supposed to read for 20 minutes and write in a journal so she's been doing that.


Day 28- Thursday April 9, 2020- We went outside and blew some bubbles, and drew on the sidewalk with chalk. I had a bucket of water out there and Caius climbed into it and got all wet. I ended up taking his clothes off.


Day 29- Friday April 10, 2020- Today I had Caius do some painting and Easter crafts.
I wasn't sure what to make for dinner so we went to Papa Murphy's for a pizza. I've been wanting try their triple pepperoni. Pepperoni isn't my favorite but I thought the cup pepperonis looked so good.I got a Caesar salad and a tub of cookie dough.

Day 30- Saturday April 11, 2020- I boiled some eggs so the kids could dye them later. After nap time (my nap, Caius, wouldn't nap), we headed over to mom's I needed to get her crock pot for tomorrow's ham and drop off a package that came earlier this week. (ended up putting the brussel sprouts in there since the ham was too big) After mom's we headed over to Julian's because he'd invited us over for dinner. We were supposed to have pizza. We had pizza last night, but we knew already Julian invited us over for pizza. We took too long and he wanted to go get some food already so he said to just go in while he went to Woodburn for some food. We waited in the car and played on our phones. Caius didn't nap, so he almost fell asleep in the car, but woke right up when we were getting out. Julian had ordered me and Ari some camarones in creama and he got the same but his was spicy and he ordered Caius a chicken taco/ chalupa thing. We stayed until after 7 when I realized we still needed to dye the eggs and Caius was getting tired and cranky, so we headed out. When we got home we dyed the eggs. I should have done more, cause 6 each wasn't enough. We were done in like 10 minutes i think. Caius wanted to keep dying the eggs, and had a melt down when we were done.
I got him to bed just before 9.


Day 31- Sunday April 12, 2020- Easter Sunday. It was a great day! I've really been looking forward to today. I bought a ham a couple days ago and some fixings to have a table filled with food all day long so the kids could just graze on it all day. I invited mom to have an early dinner with us. I was a little worried she would try to set something up to have at Lindsey's. For a few years I've just wanted to do something little at my house and invite mom but she changed it last year. I understand she wants us all together. Anyways, church service was supposed to be at 11 but they were having trouble so after the kids went through their Easter baskets, I had Ari get Caius dressed while I took some plastic eggs outside to "hide". I forgot to pick up the dog poops from this week so after throwing the eggs down, i picked up dog poop.
I went in and sent the kids out to get the eggs. Caius had so much fun. We did 3 egg hunts, but Caius started pooping out during the 3rd one. There was a dollar bill in one of the eggs that was forgotten about since last year. Caius and Ari played with Caius's new chalk for a little bit before we needed to get back in. The church service which was changed to 2pm was now going to be on at 12:20. While i watched that, I was preparing the snack trays. I decided to let Caius go to town on any candy he had found. He ate all his little Lindt chicks except one he gave to me. He opened his chocolate bunny and was eating on that. He munched on a couple crackers, cheese and salami before i put him down for a nap. I missed the communion, so Ari and I took the oyster cracker and grape juice and did it on our own real quick. The service was over just after 1 I think.  I put the trays on the table with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, ranch dip and pickles, then on another tray, salami, cheese, crackers, and olives.
We were snacking on those a bit. I put the ham in the over around 12 at 250*F. I made the bacon for the brussel sprouts.
Then I did my hair, had Ari take out the trash and put away the clean dishes so i could do the dirty dishes.
I stuck the brussel sprouts in the crock pot after i was going to sear them in the pan a bit.
At 3, Caius woke up and had a lot of fun going through the food that was put out. I almost forgot to put the chips out, so I put those out. Caius ate more candy. He was rather calm today considering all the sugar he was eating. Maybe just being full was helping him. I dunno. Just going with the flow of things for me is great. I am not a time limit person. I do not like having to be somewhere at a specific time. I'm horrible at it, so today was just great. I put the potatoes in the oven at 3, drizzled with olive oil and parmesan cheese and garlic salt. I made mashed potatoes and gravy at 3:45 and pull the ham and potatoes out at 4. Everything was ready for when mom and Shane got there.
Mom came just after 4, she said Shane wasn't coming, but then she talked him into it because I had a card for him.
My Easter resolution is to try and be more like I am today. Calm, and just letting things go with the flow, like I used to when Ari was really young, and not be so nit picky and angry about things i can't change. I am excited to be a new me, especially for the kids. I don't want Caius to always remember me as being a cranky mean mom. And I don't want to look back and wish that i could redo everything with him. Because he is my last. And i need to soak up this time i have with both kids, during this time when i dont have to find a job because of the pandemic.

Day 32- Monday April 13, 2020- Caius woke up just after 4am. I don't know why, but i got him back to bed. I woke up just after 9 and laid there a bit. That darn neighbor Joe knocked on my door a few minutes later. I wasn't going to answer but he knocked again louder so i answered. Jerk. He was bringing cans over to "pay me back" for helping him so much. I just need to tell him no, it's fine. Because there a beer cans in bags outside my door. It looks trashy lol.
I needed to clean the dishes from yesterday, so i let Caius out after i got some coffee and went pee.
I  had a text from Keith. He was asking if i would watch the kids tomorrow if i wasn't busy. I got anxious. I don't really want to but at the same time i miss the kids. So I said "Yeah, what time?" he took a few hours to get back to me. I'm needed at 9:30. Not excited about that, as I said earlier I HATE being places at specific times, and the earlier the harder.
But its only for 2-3 hours so we'll see. Lindsey is going to work i guess, which makes me anxious too cause i don't want to baby sit the kids. I do not. I don't want to do it anymore. Like I said before, i want to relax and enjoy this time i don't have to stress about working during this pandemic.
I put Caius down for a nap at 12:30? He's still not sleeping. I'm gunna have to go in and put him back in his bed, cause he's kicking a wall. I'm going to take a nap too and we'll go out and hide eggs again when he wakes up. Ari left to Glissa's house just before I put Caius down for a nap.
At 11 she had a video meet up with her AG teacher Mrs. Flood. She has some schooling at home that she needs to do.

 

September 7, 2020- I took Caius to Mark Twain around 6ish to fly a kite. The wind was starting to pick up from a storm we were going to have. We got it up pretty high for a little bit, but it didn't stay up. There was smoke rolling in. I had just heard about a fire in Detroit and was told that's what it was from. 

We hung out there for a bit. Caius even ran with the kite himself! 

September 8, 2020- I went to bed after 3am. I knew I would be tired the next day but I was planning on taking a nap. I woke up at 9:30 to the sky being really yellow and a smoky smell in the house! It was so creepy! I usually look at my phone before I get up from the couch, so that's what I did. I saw that we were in what they called a Level 1 "Get Ready" evacuation. I was like like "What the heck!" I didn't panic but I definitely started gathering things together. I went into the backroom. I told Ari and she got up. I grabbed my suitcase and a bag and started putting in things like underwear and socks and tank tops and jeans. I was packing as though I was going camping for the weekend. I think I had some coffee. Caius came out of his room. By a little after 1 pm, they had moved us up to Level 2: Be Set. 

All day I spent checking the news on facebook. I went back and forth between Metcom 911, Marion County Sheriff's Office page and Silverton Connections, which was more updated it seemed. 

The sky stayed yellow all day long. I knew that afternoon I wasn't going to be taking a nap. What if i missed Level 3 to get out?! I text Lee and told him I was keeping Caius home today. I don't think he responded to me. Julie ended up calling me though to talk about the smoke. I explained to her what Level we were. She didn't understand the severity of it until I explained. It seemed like she thought I was over reacting until I explained. She said we should come over there. I said we would if it came down to it. Lee ended up calling eventually after he must of talked to his mom. 

Once we went to level 2, I had packed a bunch of food, spoons, forks, can opener. I put the two cat carriers in the car, our bags, and blankets. 

I  got a little bit worried about Juanita. I didn't know what she was going to do. And her 12 cats. She was so sick at this point she could barely walk. 

I put Caius down for a nap around 2pm. I almost felt like i shouldn't. Lee called a little bit later. We talked about what was going on a little bit and he said we should just come over now.  I told him Caius was taking a nap and that when he woke up we would come over. I didn't want to leave home. And if we had to leave, I would go to my mom's. I made eggs and bacon for dinner.   

I was exhausted but couldn't sleep. I finally went to bed at like 2:30, maybe sooner. I kept the ringer up just in case we got the call. I woke a few times in the night. 

September 9, 2020- Woke up to a yellow sky again, although it wasn't as yellow. The sky was really smokey. By 4pm the sky was red. No joke. It got dark enough that the street lights came on.

Juanita called me to help her out. I think she said the cats had broken her tea set. Sure enough a whole tea set was shattered on the kitchen floor. I was a little worried she might be mad that I hadn't checked on her during this time. She wasn't. I assured her we were still home. I asked her what she was going to do. She said she thought she was on some list for an ambulance to pick her up if we had to evacuate. She said she would leave the back door open for the cats if it came down to it, so they had a chance. I wouldn't have been able to take her, although if we had to I would have taken her. Mom and Darcie both told me I shouldn't be worried about Juanita, that I had to worry about us first.

September 10, 2020- Silverton and Mt. Angel remain at level 2.


September 11, 2020- Silverton/Mt. Angel still level 2.


September 12, 2020- Silverton/Mt. Angel level 2


September 13, 2020- Silverton/Mt. Angel level of evacuation changed to level 1.


September 14, 2020- Silverton/Mt. Angel level of evacuation changed to level 1

 

September 15, 2020- Silverton and Mt. Angel were taken off the evacuation chart. 

September 16, 2020-
I renamed this entry, 2020, from Quarantine diary's

Yesterday was Ari's birthday. We didn't do anything. Well, actually we went and opened her a bank account at Maps. Julian wanted to open her an account in Woodburn but they were closed the day before. I kind of felt bad because he wanted there to be a Spanish speaker there and they told me there would be, but there wasn't one, so Julian just sat there. And I think he wanted to be attached to it so he could put money her in account.

September 17-


September 18- 


September 19- 



No comments:

Post a Comment